Future of mir

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of mir

I suggest winding this down woulda been better than adding more material even if its really good.
    Suggest
    let this fade away, take a break but with a plan.

Begin again relaunch say autumn but revamped. Get luck right. Learn from all the things that happened in chrons.
    Dont allow half a dozen people to be 10 levels ahead of the pack.
    Hold back the ancient caves and instances and most of the patches.
    Give people basic mir MW. BW tao vill, Castle Gyriong. Praj island.(no hell)
    Let them level to 38capped. They can fight for DD, ZT
    Once 50% actives at 38 raise the cap to 42 and add a high level cave. this way they can all fight all the time in the low/med/high level caves which have bosses.
    once 50% at 42 raise it to 50. Once 50% at 50 add ancient levelling cave.

Get things balanced for each phase. Balance when people are all 40 ish is not the same as balance when players are all 50

Look at what players have said and look at how many of each class there are. Few main taos, there are a lot of monks. there are now more archers, wizzes taken a back seat and warrs dominate in endgame(as they always have). The most active players are the ones that can solo a lot of the bosses n subs.

Let them start at 22 or 33. You could put in mid level cave with bosses for level 33-37. at 38 cant go in and a low level for 22-32.

The number of players who still want to play mir is shrinking. Deprive them of a mir to play for a couple of months and they all be back.

let it fade away easter ish have a closing event Everyone gets L7 and gold medals from gauntlet for a week.
    Stop accepting donations.

Relaunch but with planned progression you now have a wealth of material instead of muddling thru while the player howl for new stuff.

The troubles with mir private servers is sometimes about the coding but mostly it is planning and management of the game progressionwhere things go wrong.

Chris: He's not a person, he's a Daily Mail reader!

Quote from film "sightseers"

Do not have exp boosts pots scrolls at the start add them later.
    Max fun is when all within a few levels of each other. This is what i mean by "managing" the play and players.
    Either you cap levelling til most have caught up or you put in a soft type cap where they can keep on levelling to be ahead but a levelling cave to help the slow keep up with the pacesetter is put in behind them. There has to be a way to keep the people bunched together more.

It isnt that much fun being one two hit because someone is 5 or more level higher with more skills more offence and better defence. It is fun killing someone 5 levels higher one on one but that's not the same as group cave fighting.

Comment

I sold up

plswipeserver

chron v2 wont do anything ....if ppl want fresh they go zirc

Ppl will slip out of zircon over next few weeks- capitalise on it !
      Originally posted by Rev

It's hard to sour like an eagle while surrounded by turkeys

Comment

That sounds like a whole new, different server you are suggesting.

Comment

Dunno where the fascination has come from with level caps, mir doesn't need and never has needed caps .. the problem where most private servers fail is the exp table .. Once you get to what your server considers "end game" you make the exp HUGE, yes you'll get people who still geek it, but instead of been 10 levels ahead they'll be 1 or 2

Been suggested a few times but I think being able to rep/dash/push based on % rather than level is a big wasted opportunity in mir
          :v

Comment

Originally posted by Evisu View Post
            Dunno where the fascination has come from with level caps, mir doesn't need and never has needed caps .. the problem where most private servers fail is the exp table .. Once you get to what your server considers "end game" you make the exp HUGE, yes you'll get people who still geek it, but instead of been 10 levels ahead they'll be 1 or 2

Been suggested a few times but I think being able to rep/dash/push based on % rather than level is a big wasted opportunity in mir
            Even if you make the difference between levels HUGE mate, that wont stop the certain people to pay for levels, it will still be done

Comment

Thanks responses, lets discuss further. I want to see useful thoughts about the futurre of mir. The number of people who want to play this old old game is shrinking. Zircon may not last, who cares, neither will this, user count hasnt gone up much after the patch. So what next? There's a handful of coders we all know are good.
              So lets do the points in order of posting:-

I haven't sold up. I dont play to make money. I am hoping there will be a new server sometimes this year that isnt mir3 which I dont like or this which i gave up on after instances came.

I am suggesting a whole new server with re thought monks if they are included, archers using mc(sam said so himself), taos changed, luck rethought from day1 etc. These files are good best I have seen tho I did like marble too. I would like Sam to launch a version which didnt included all teh mis steps taken on this one.

Comment

Levelling caps and dominance and levelling services.

Don't try to pretend that being 5 or more levels above most of the players isnt an advantage. Better kit, more skills or more skills at level 3. Near teh start of this server there were players who were 10 levels ahead of the next nearest player. This isnt good. It tool 12 months for a few people to start catching up.
                Meanwhile they were camping bosses other people couldnt even get to without a lot of effort, kitting themselves and mates up better than anyone else etc.
                The recent situation on Paragon showed how one small grp outlevelling the rest just piss everyone else off so they all go away. Is that what you want?

A good pvp er can kill a higher level in 1v1 or in a cave if they can get to the same place but when theres 5 highers in cave that you maybe cant even get to solo it's less certain.

Comment

People who pay for their chars to be levelled or shared chars will always happen but it would be good to rein them in so they cannot be too many levels ahead. So you dont get one group of people farming the best boss and selling items for irl cash(after they kitted out their mates). It cant be stopped it's part of mir but it can be made less easy.

I am saying that progression should be managed. This can be done with caps, planned patches with new caves or a combination of those things. Like if there's a group of 10 players all hitting 40 together and the rest of the users are at level 33 ish then thats an imbalance. The level 33 would catch up if a another cave or boosted exp cave put ingame just then.

Now do you see what I mean? Keep the active user count bunched together all at similar levels.
                  Server already with the rested exp, boost for under 60, levelling caves and rotating exp caves to try get people to come back or stay. Why not include keeping ppl together as part of the PLAN for the server?

Instead of putting all the maps up on the server at the start, hold some back for a planned future. Don't just react to the users howling for something. Have it ready but dont give in too soon.

OK now reply with thinking in it

Last edited by meteor; 24-01-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DauMuie View Post

Even if you make the difference between levels HUGE mate, that wont stop the certain people to pay for levels, it will still be done
                    But that was my point Dau, you make the table huge (talking like 10x the previous level, 0.001 per mob etc) .. So that the people who *do* geek it/pay for lvling will only be 1 or 2 levels ahead, not a lot of advantage but enough to warrant the time invested

@ meteor - Unfortunately many suggestions have already been said over the past couple years, i've even done a few support tickets outlining what they need to do to create a better chroniclesV2, but i can't see it happening anytime soon!
                    :v

Comment

Decent thread
                      If only they replied as much as us !
                      Originally posted by Rev

It's hard to sour like an eagle while surrounded by turkeys

Comment

Thanks Evisu. I am sure I haven't said anything new just brought everything to one place seein as the server faded to almost 0 last year and will prob do the same again this year so the staff could have a rest and a break from it and come back better if they just PLAN it.

Forgot to mention, they could re do refining. Lots people like refining. I don't like OP attack stats however they happen but there's been a lot moaning about refines here.

Comment

Working...
                        X