Remove Instances - Improve all Bosses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GentlemanJack View Post
    Rather than arguing on this post why don't we actual come up with some really good ideas for Sam to implement ? im all for a good trolling but leave it out of this one for a change so we can get some improvements
    Why dont you shut the fuck up

Comment

Remove instances, make everywhere in the game scale to the characters level, that way I can level in mineral mines for life dynamic monsters ftw

Comment

WT, ZT, ST & BDD need to be the new high level hunting grounds as these are most players favourite maps due to nostalgia but are effectively unused even though virtually the whole server has asked for the above. Increase the mob difficulty in line with 60-70 players and keep the instances to cater for the handful of lower levels/new players. Trolls and kera are the least fun caves ingame but they offer a challenge, switch the focus to the old school maps.

Drops definitely need to be reviewed/increased as there is not one player who has been able to even get a full kit of 60+ gear let alone gem anything - Sam, you brought in the Ancient caves to compensate for the reduced game gold ingame due to the lower user count which I get but you're not servicing the players which have levelled using this (paid for) system because they can't even obtain the new items for their higher level. I think it's fair to say that even those who have played this game since day one and have been level 65+ for a while in one of the top tier guilds (past and present) saw a handful of 60+ items drop even during the Forsaken/Team/Spartacus days where everything was killed on spawn, every spawn.

The bottom line is that any Mir server is held together by its community so the server team should gauge what is wanted, trial popular suggestions on a test server at the very least and roll out the good options. Chronicles had 40 users a night 8 weeks ago but a number of us have been willing to come back to give it one last go.

Most of us are starting to get restless as it seems more of the same. You tried to appeal to the entry level player with instances yet didn't bother to use that new feature in any kind of advertising and alienated the majority of your member base.

Listen to them before you lose everything - I am giving it one last go hence me and Forsakens exec board bringing a number of us back but you're lucky NexGen offer some kind of competition with Tori and the rest of Team having gave up on this some time ago.
        Last edited by Melkor; 12-09-2017, 07:26 AM.
        Melkor/Fofo

#Forsaken

Comment

While I agree that something could be done w/ certain maps that are essentially unused, even moreso now the new player would tend to skip the lower tier bosses and go straight to leveling to be able to compete with the "big guys", the remainings of Team leaders after the split quickly sought help from their previously foe guild, effectively becoming a small branch of it (it doesn't surprise me at all they and their members got bored quickly, then again they possibly thought the PvE side of the game was more appealing to them), therefore I don't really think that they would bring anything to the table if they still played as far as the the liveliness of the server is concerned, exception made for a slightly boosted user count median.

With that out of the way, game can still be fun and I personally witnessed such miracle at sOKS last night, Sam needs to focus on luring the top guilds and why not, every player ingame that enjoys a fight to the same ground at the same time rather than adding new places and splitting the playerbase up, the worst of the latter being instances which are essentially single player areas. In my opinion, the playerbase focus needs to addressed first, then and only then removing instances or greatly reducing their effectiveness becomes possible without killing the remainders of the usercount.

Speaking of sOKS, the fighting ground of which is personally the best this server has to offer, halving or even dividing by 3 its spawn timer would be a small part of the steps in the right direction needed to liven things up. After the drops get revised, of course.
          Last edited by Slay0r; 12-09-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

There is plenty of 60+ gear dropping. But you got to go kill the bosses. Pukks has destroyed about 20 DC items and 20 SC items and is nearly fully kitted in top tier kit. Morganja is nearly fully kitted and he's not played the server that long compared to most(guessing a lot of wiz kit has been smashed as well). Rates are fine. Too easy and you won't even need to try compete over the 2 big bosses.

sub boss drops need revamp in drops though.
            subs in kera are harder than Demon King and drop 1 bene from what I recall. Subs should have a chance of dropping what the boss drops or at least the tier below(55-60)
            change trolls main sub/kera subs(apart from KR)/numa ruin subs/hell subs/AC subs so it's worthwhile killing them

Comment

Originally posted by Slay0r View Post
              Speaking of sOKS, the fighting ground of which is personally the best this server has to offer, halving or even dividing by 3 its spawn timer would be a small part of the steps in the right direction needed to liven things up. After the drops get revised, of course.
              Fights happen as every 6 hours. Make it every 2 or 3, then it becomes another GK or CG which might get 1 or 2 players. 6 hours is fine.

Bring back a BW boss fight like spider or reindeer. 33% chance of spawning at 8pm

Comment

The 2/3 hours of Pk at FP/OKS was proper fun. Shows the server still has it in it.

Hopefully there's plenty more where that came from.

Comment

Originally posted by onestone View Post

Fights happen as every 6 hours. Make it every 2 or 3, then it becomes another GK or CG which might get 1 or 2 players. 6 hours is fine.

Bring back a BW boss fight like spider or reindeer. 33% chance of spawning at 8pm
                  Fights happen as every 6 hours because the respawn timer for sOKS is 6 hours....... duh.

GK and CG get 1 or 2 players because there's no justification for a whole guild to burn pots and cash running through 2 floors for a mob that can be essentially soloed. Conversely, you can recall straight to sOKS kr and/or to the sz room just outside of it and the battle can begin without furder ado.

Agreed on province bosses, given that the respawn is broadcasted to the whole server.

Comment

2/120 users

The drop rates are far from fine onestone.

2 mc+2 rings....I bet he's not seen 5more nvm 20 lol
                    Originally posted by Rev

It's hard to sour like an eagle while surrounded by turkeys

Comment

When i log on i only log on to fight because the only way im going to get better items it by pking them, i have no incentive to go boss hunting unless theres pk because the chances of bosses dropping good is like one every other month for something i actually need.

Soo.. more fights xD

Comment

Originally posted by Slay0r View Post

Fights happen as every 6 hours because the respawn timer for sOKS is 6 hours....... duh.
                        The OKS spawns 4 times a day, its normally contested once a day in the evening spawn. Put it in 12 times in a day, means someone like Swifty will get 10 of them solo and 2 will be contested.

Been 1 good fight in 2 weeks!

Forsaken kill roughly 3 Kraken, 0 Kera, 1 Trolls a week!! - Kraken spawns 33 times a week. Don't think we can really comment on whether the drop rate of the 2 main bosses is sufficient. But I do see the 2 main Nexgen Kraken killers in top tier added kit!

Comment

2 main kraken killers have good kit because they stayed playing every day April-August uncontested killing and buying everything they could plus wizz kit doesn't need many gems so there's more 59+ MC items still ingame.

I DLed client after 4 months not playing, camped every boss I could with peroni and NeXGeN and was lucky enough to win both rolls on 2x 59 Dc rings, that's in 3 weeks. Saw no weapons, no braces, necklaces or helmets level 59+ for Dc or assassin.

Comment

-Give everyone 100% damage in PVE make luck only affect PVP , remove the ibenes from instances as they are no longer needed as you will have 100% damage in PVE

-Slightly increase the drop rate on 50/51 kit from boss's/subs bring in level cap 52 and below gems outside of instances can be sold traded. This will bring people out of instances

-Bring back the reindeer at 8pm in BW

-Bring in a guild cap of 15

-Give a date that the level cap will be removed bring in lair cave as a set cave like trolls have decent stats on the rusty lair set with new weapon set also have they ready in time from when you remove the cap

-Group the bosses in tiers making them spawn together so you don;t get a case of 15 of the highest level chars making one guild and getting everything they will have to chose one boss or spread there numbers

-Allow benes to be sold to NPC for 100k each can not buy them from NPC

-Add a notice board in town you click the cave and it will give you the timer for the sub/boss in that cave so when people log on they know what they can go kill
                            click on numa cave Tad will spawn at 18:38 everyone knows the spawn time making there a change for a fight
                            Last edited by Zyzz; 12-09-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

A bdd aimed for lvl 70!

Nice idea about the signpost/timers

lilcooldoode ik you can do it!
                              Originally posted by Rev

It's hard to sour like an eagle while surrounded by turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by JustAUser View Post
                                2/120 users

The drop rates are far from fine onestone.

2 mc+2 rings....I bet he's not seen 5more nvm 20 lol
                                Had 6x 63 neckies. Broke 4x. Had one +3 n one +2.
                                3x 65 braces. 2x at mc+2 one fresh.
                                3x 64 rings. One mc+2. One broke. One fresh.
                                Had 1x 60 brace broke.
                                2x 59 rings. One mc+3 one broke. (the other 2x I had at mc+3 were bought at mc14 and gemmed)
                                Not a great deal when u consider how many tad/krak/Fp we killed. If it was split between several wizzies from several guilds be lucky av an item each.

​​

Comment

Working...
                                X