Class balance/improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class balance/improvements

So I've been away for a long time, and there seems to be a few noticeable problems with class balance both PvP and PvE.

I already have an idea of some of the changes I'd like to make, but due to the fact I have been away for so long I'm interested to hear your thoughts of the current state of classes, and any improvements you think could be made.

I'm not looking to make nerf's to any classes, but instead find ways of buffing other classes to counter. Example: Rather than directly nerfing the Warrior I would look to have FireWall/PoisonCloud interrupt ShoulderDash.

I'm not interested in "I am an assassin and i cant 1v1 a warrior" kind of posts, I do have some plans for chronicles going forward but I want to get a few things sorted first. Looking forward to reading some ideas ^^

For PVE archers more HP / defence for the decoy and turret skills , atm they both die too fast to high lvl mobs to be of much use other than jump and decoy pops in 2 steps "could lvl lock the hp boost at 70 with a skill like dragon blood for shin so low lvls don't get an un fair advantage over their lvl range , 70-90 need this to deal with the end game mobs damage"

Phoenix Shot animation on its own its ok , 2-3 archers on screen clearing a room with it and every one will drop to 30 fps, only temp fix is turn off skill affects but then you cannot see if you are not shooting in a straight line .

Tao PVE rez pets boost life timer to 15mins , atm its 5mins in that time if they are lucky enough to lvl up once then the life timer runs out and you need to raise a replacement , 2 rez's are fine its just the time that is a pain .

Toggle Tao Rez skill so that we can choose whether we can target dead mobs or not, as it is if the ground is littered with dead mobs the hit box's of the dead take priority over living mobs or players resulting in being unable to UE , Purify , YingYang players or dead mobs dragging thousand swords , infect off away from the live mobs you wanted to hit. the Y key don't always work and we end up having to move a boss or players hide in corpses to avoid locks in pvp.

Sin PVE Crescent Slash needs a little more damage.
    Last edited by MoneyShot; 01-03-2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

PvE

The new exp is great for newer players and returning players to get involved. Buff class spells or add new spells to make all classes able to AoE level. Level cap is 90 other classes are struggling compared to Archer/Wizard/Monk/Warrior. Give options to the Assassin/Tao to AoE level then all classes will be on the same field.

For example;

Buff CresentSlash for Assassin or give another AoE spell.
      Give Tao a AoE a spell.

Make pet picker pets no longer target-able.
      Open TrollCave and MysteryCave more often.

PvP

Remove Monk Shield or Fortify, or reduce how long these spells last. Monks can rotate these, when using BloodAura they get can hp back to full quickly.
      I agree with FireWall/PoisonCloud to interrupt ShoulderDash. Maybe add SmokeBomb and ArcherTraps to the list?

Comment

Best topic ever, and has been for a very very long time.

I can only speak for Assassins as i have played one for years so that is where my experience lays and I have allot to share about them.

Assassins have been left behind in updates of years ago which made other classes more advanced.
        Monks have all the spells... fine, warriors have the OP damage... fine.

1) All the while accuracy is improving in a way that has made agility redundant, even if the agility is equal to the accuracy count, OR MORE, more times than not I would still receive numerous hits in a row without an agility save, tested on average this is still the case.

In order for me to actually feel like agility is making me safe, i would have to wear agility 43+, and even then accuracy 32 of any class (war or monk preferably) will tear right through me hit count wise, never mind their damage, the damage i accept. Needless to say then, accuracy 32 vs agility 32, accuracy wins a thousand fold. Therefore I suggest some sort of agility gain or increase in effect/ outcome of some sort.

2) Monks automatically cast thunder shaolin, which automatically yellow stuns PVE or PVP (at a certain chance % of proc).
        Warriors, automatically cast TwinDrakeBlade, which automatically yellow stuns PVE or PVP (at a certain chance % of proc).
        There is no such advantage for Assassins...The only other close range melee.
        Having to stop general hitting of double slash and the procs of fatal sword or hemorrage to cast a measly 'FlashDash' (which only hits 62% of my normal double slash, and only one strike by the way) in HOPE to achieve yellow stun is poor, embarassing and quite literally a risk of life n death when it matters most. (low assassin HP), which brings me to my final point...

3) Assassin HP... is terrible... need i say more...

Dont get me wrong, i dont want all 3 these points to be buffed in a massive way, just some changes to make the case that, SinLivesMatter, and minority does not mean ignore us. There are a few self evident points to be strongly considered here.

A tiny bit of hp, agil and even stun, will not stop real warriors from riping us a new one. Depress, Nosf3ratu, Lylla and many of the most capable warriors already know this to be true, differences aside.

I will post any more if i can think of them if/when.

Kind Regards
        Swifty
        Dino

Comment

Originally posted by Nosf3ratu View Post
          PvE

The new exp is great for newer players and returning players to get involved. Buff class spells or add new spells to make all classes able to AoE level. Level cap is 90 other classes are struggling compared to Archer/Wizard/Monk/Warrior. Give options to the Assassin/Tao to AoE level then all classes will be on the same field.

For example;

Buff CresentSlash for Assassin or give another AoE spell.
          Give Tao a AoE a spell.

Make pet picker pets no longer target-able.
          Open TrollCave and MysteryCave more often.

PvP

Remove Monk Shield or Fortify, or reduce how long these spells last. Monks can rotate these, when using BloodAura they get can hp back to full quickly.
          I agree with FireWall/PoisonCloud to interrupt ShoulderDash. Maybe add SmokeBomb and ArcherTraps to the list?
          +100 to this post too, jogged my memory, I couldnt agree more, let that be my point 4,5,6...
          Assassins level so very slow in this new age of mass kills (AoE) monks, warriors, archers, wiz.
          Last edited by Dino; 01-03-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post

1) All the while accuracy is improving in a way that has made agility redundant, even if the agility is equal to the accuracy count, OR MORE, more times than not I would still receive numerous hits in a row without an agility save, tested on average this is still the case.

In order for me to actually feel like agility is making me safe, i would have to wear agility 43+, and even then accuracy 32 of any class (war or monk preferably) will tear right through me hit count wise, never mind their damage, the damage i accept. Needless to say then, accuracy 32 vs agility 32, accuracy wins a thousand fold. Therefore I suggest some sort of agility gain or increase in effect/ outcome of some sort.

3) Assassin HP... is terrible... need i say more...

Dino
            Could not agree more Agility needs some love as it is not worth using at endgame , could be lvl caped with a 70+ book to enhance Light body and Ranger Wolf .

Archer's suffer with this also low hp the bane of my life lol , granted we have range skills but its not that hard to close in "speed 7 with Luck7 with out slow will mess you up in a second ", id be happy to sacrifice damage output in favour of agility being a viable option to PVP.
            Last edited by MoneyShot; 02-03-2020, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Good to have some updates going forward.

I don't play enough at all these days to argue balance improvements... but some QOL improvements

-Benes both (i) and normal to be made stackable (bundles still single)
              -Sun Potion singles to be made stackable (bundles still single)
              -RT/DE/TT singles to be made stackable (bundles still single)

We're all at levels with huge bag weights but only small bags...
              Maybe have a scrolling bag with more slots? or even an extra tab in the bag if not making everything stackable?

-Search Box on NPC's if possible? especially on NPC's which stock everything like Woomyon. Bit of a pain scrolling the entire window because there's zero organisation in there to not find what you want.

-HolyHP and MP, make these a shop staple now? probably speaking for the much higher players here too, but put in another potion higher than these holy HP and MP that are mob drop only? I imagine wizards with MP and warriors with HP these current potions are bad considering we have lvl 70+ of these classes now with ridicules pools.

-Remove the lvl 52 caps with benes and gems (give the casual players like myself who instance a lot a chance to have some higher end gear gem'd up)

All I have just off the top of my head for now. Just a couple of easy QOL improvements hopefully.
              Captaincaveman - Assassin
              Caveman - Taoist

Comment

While I agree with stacking, I don't agree with the removal of the 52cap , yes it would make things easy for lower players but as I high lvl I can farm I bens all day with no risk at all, it would make L7 a joke "id love a L7 bow" this would kill what little remains of a market.

Comment

War/Sin/Archer have a big damage spell (Inferno/hemo/AB) they do over 700 damage and other clases dont have. need a balance there.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheus View Post
                    War/Sin/Archer have a big damage spell (Inferno/hemo/AB) they do over 700 damage and other clases dont have. need a balance there.
                    Lol you actually asking for more damage on a monk

Comment

Originally posted by Setheus View Post
                      what is each hit you do ? I wont bother asking the speed you swing at as I think people can do the maths on that one , dps monk wins hands down , AB has a cool down of about 12 seconds and a skill lock delay preventing the casting of any other skill following it .

Comment

i do less then a war @ same lvl gear per normal hit and my FS dos 400.Lylla's inferno did 860 on me.

TDB gos tru shield,Frozen slows 7-8times out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by grantmitchell View Post

Lol you actually asking for more damage on a monk
                          I dont ask for more damage i ask for balance.

Comment

Damage should be dramatically reduced across all classes tbh, PvE and PvP, it would encourage group play, it's not a high rate server so people shouldn't be dishing out nion high rate damage.

Comment

As a guy who ain't played mir since euro closed I came back and started on here last weekend. I was lucky enough to be giving a lvl 56 tao. I spent hours on it trying to lvl and my % moved like .20%, others who played while were 10 levels higher were saying they done .50% in an hour or so.. Taos seem to just be a support class and lvling is to hard..maybe I'm just a noob still, but I'm finding it near impossible to lvl on it as we don't kill single targets fast enough and we cant spam a mass aoe spell. I also dont have the time to find someone to lvl with to help me kill mobs faster. If that could be looked into it would be great. I'd really like to carry on as a tao, but the lvling is putting me off. I don't know if going into the leveling cave would make a difference, but I don't want waste tokens if they don't help me lvl faster. Maybe looking into the leveling places for levels under 60 to catch up would be good.
                              Last edited by Mistodon; 02-03-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X