Class balance/improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoneyShot View Post

archers while they do have range wont be able to contend with higher hp pools on sins if they can face tank you and not have to jump off at all like a war and monk can , L7 AB = 630 to 900 while that looks great on paper , in reality unloading an AB = a delay in casting any other spell with 12 seconds until your next AB , and that 90% of the time means you need to RT / TT or die, boosting the sins hp without boosting the archers would result in archers posing very little risk to a sin.
    I doubt they'd increase Sins HP by a lot, as in nature their class should be low HP. That 900AB would currently one hit me on a level 70 Sin.

You'd be better off spamming raining arrows and phoenix shot?

Comment

900 is nice when it hits but its a very big gamble, as most of the time its a lower roll in pvp . RA and PS alone will never push out the needed amount of DPS to make an L7 sin jump off before they can drop an archer , only hope would be 1 level higher and push them off then jumping the other way lol, and when everyone is at max level once more that no longer works

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyShot View Post
        900 is nice when it hits but its a very big gamble, as most of the time its a lower roll in pvp . RA and PS alone will never push out the needed amount of DPS to make an L7 sin jump off before they can drop an archer , only hope would be 1 level higher and push them off then jumping the other way lol, and when everyone is at max level once more that no longer works
        Invisible traps which cause mega damage, plus spells which you can cast across the screen, they do plenty of damage. Granted you’re not going to one hit anyone, but then you have AB that can do that. It shouldn’t be a guaranteed one hit and it does come with its downside, kill or die, much like a sins life should be.

Comment

Archers really need looking at, a really fun class but its off putting because of their lack of PVP and PVE ability. A Tigerneck being able to completely nerf an archer in PVP makes them pointless. Those with higher tier kits with MR % on armours and helmets really make the redunant. Has Arrow Barrage been nerfed? been testing out archers the past few days and the damage on the archer seems really low in comparrison to what it was when we used to play them "back in the day".

Tao's... Maybe give them a skill that gives them abit more power or improve thousand swords or something? Especially with the server count being low, they need and should be able to solo level. Which they really cant. Unless they want to die of bordem because of how tedious it is. Yes they're a support class, but people also love taos.

Wars/Wiz/Sin seem absolutely fine, If you think these have issues you're probably playing them wrong/badly. Sin/War are just really expensive to run, especially wars.

Monks are just massively OP and game breaking ( I think monks had a lot to do with server losing players eventually ) both offensively and defensively, never really been a fan of this class. There's a reason most of the players now are all Monks.
          Rekt

Make Chronicles Great Again
          Post Your Idea's Get Sam Working!!

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemanJack View Post
            Archers really need looking at, a really fun class but its off putting because of their lack of PVP and PVE ability. A Tigerneck being able to completely nerf an archer in PVP makes them pointless. Those with higher tier kits with MR % on armours and helmets really make the redunant. Has Arrow Barrage been nerfed? been testing out archers the past few days and the damage on the archer seems really low in comparrison to what it was when we used to play them "back in the day".
            Have you got any stats to back up your damage reduction comment? Or are you just thinking that they were better before? Stats always help when making this argument.

More often than not, everyone stacks accuracy on their helmets now and won't use tiger necklaces?

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemanJack View Post

Monks are just massively OP and game breaking ( I think monks had a lot to do with server losing players eventually ) both offensively and defensively, never really been a fan of this class. There's a reason most of the players now are all Monks.

Well a 75 war with same kit as me will fuck me up,Monks have no big damage spell,monks are made to be tanks not damage dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Setheus View Post

Well a 75 war with same kit as me will fuck me up,Monks have no big damage spell,monks are made to be tanks not damage dealers.
                You hit 400 damage per hit, from 3 spaces away, ignoring defenses. Just what more do you want?!

Comment

End game maybe Monks start to equal out but until that kind of level monks have always felt massively OP.

I think Archers and Taos need to be brought up to the others levels then we'll be fine.
                  Rekt

Make Chronicles Great Again
                  Post Your Idea's Get Sam Working!!

Comment

Originally posted by ^__^ View Post

You hit 400 damage per hit, from 3 spaces away, ignoring defenses. Just what more do you want?!
                    I do 300 from 2 spaces away,war same lvl as me and kit dos more with TDB,i dont flinch lock ppl like sin,i dont want anything more just want ppl to stop lieing and saying that monks are massively OP.The thing that fked chronicles over was not monk was the Instances.

Comment

I do 300 from 2 spaces away,war same lvl as me and kit dos more with TDB,i dont flinch lock ppl like sin,i dont want anything more just want ppl to stop lieing and saying that monks are massively OP.The thing that fked chronicles over was not monk was the Instances.
                      Sins have never flinch locked anyone, ever. If you want to do some tests with it, I’m happy to join you ingame. Speed7 is the same for monks and warrs.

Monks and warrs are massively OP at the moment and other classes need aligning.

Comment

I wouldn't say monks are OP, they have too many defensive abilities. Blood Aura/Anti-Flinch/Fortify and Shield is abit much as no other class comes close to having these.

Originally posted by ^__^ View Post

Sins have never flinch locked anyone, ever. If you want to do some tests with it, I’m happy to join you ingame. Speed7 is the same for monks and warrs.

Monks and warrs are massively OP at the moment and other classes need aligning.
                        I do agree sins need more HP and a decent AoE skill to lvl however its not as bad as your making it out to be lol. You have been out of the server for 2 years+, your level 68 wearing a HeavenArmour with no Agility. Swifty can kill most high end players fine on this server. Even with ACC31+ on my warrior I miss hitting TDB/Inferno/Frozen often on him.

Its great to see returning players back but the damage is higher now compared to what it was 2/3 years ago. That's the issue I see is players are coming back expecting it to be what it was like back then. Players need to get better kit, level up more and see its not just warriors and monks who do high damage.

Comment

Sins can do damage, even though they are forced to leave some on the table to equip decent agility. HP is definitely too low though, a melee class can't die in 2-3 hits while other melee classes take 7 to 10, and it's relatively easy to almost match high end sins agility with accuracy rendering it pretty much pointless.

It's not a surprise everyone's dropped using their sin to pvp, they are basically tier 2 endgame. Just something to throw at your instances if you can bear dieing over and over.

As for sins flinch locking, Setheus... that comes from someone that hasn't played a sin since he dropped his dignity and pride over and over on one... why wouldn't you play your sin if they flinch locked? Just silly to even come up with such a deluded statement.

If you really want to fix stuff around here, you kinda need to address the fact that a class that is literally named Assassin is the worst at melee pvp endgame, imo.
                          Last edited by Slay0r; 15-03-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosf3ratu View Post

I do agree sins need more HP and a decent AoE skill to lvl however its not as bad as your making it out to be lol. You have been out of the server for 2 years+, your level 68 wearing a HeavenArmour with no Agility. Swifty can kill most high end players fine on this server. Even with ACC31+ on my warrior I miss hitting TDB/Inferno/Frozen often on him.

Its great to see returning players back but the damage is higher now compared to what it was 2/3 years ago. That's the issue I see is players are coming back expecting it to be what it was like back then. Players need to get better kit, level up more and see its not just warriors and monks who do high damage.
                            Sure, i've been missing out on the server for a few years, the stats have barely changed though.The items ingame are still the same as when I quit, the only thing that changed since I left was DDD and the level cap raising to 90 (lol).

HP Pool
                            A level 70 warrior base HP is 1799.
                            A level 70 sin base HP is 950.
                            At level 90 warrior base HP is 2800
                            At level 90 sin base HP is 1350.
                            So roughly 50% less

Accuracy vs Agility
                            You can reach a maximum of Accuracy 34 on a warrior? An assassin can get 38 agility max (without wearing an elusion necklace). So that works out an 89% chance to hit. Is stacking so much agility really worth it when you're landing 9 hits out of 10? Bear in mind, it only takes 2 hits to kill us

Attack Speed
                            Sins and Warriors are both capped at Attack Speed+7. Both can achieve the same speed. A Sin using 2x light one handed blades and a warrior using 1x two handed heavy weapon. Any other MMO and these would have speed differences.

Base stats.
                            At level 70 a warrior has base DC of DC13-14. They gain DC1-1 every 5 levels.
                            At level 70 a Sin has a base DC of 1-9 - so much for a class that's meant to be high on base DC and lower top end? I'm not sure what the level is on a sin to gain a 0-1DC.
                            Shouldn't warriors be high top end and low base? Then a sin a more average attack? For example, DC10-200 on a warrior and DC70-140 on a sin?
                            Base AC on a 70 warrior is AC0-12. A sin is AC0-6 AMC0-6. I know warriors gain AC0-1 every 7 levels. The Sin is probably shared AC/AMC every 7

DC + Damage

Sin max DC
                            The max a Sin could achieve in DC is approx 192. That's +3 Odin kit and plat belts/boots and Paymon helm. The maximum you can hit on a trainer is 277 with a normal hit. (DC * 1.44 = damage). We're not taking into account AC here. Hemm/Fatal does approx *2 of a normal hit. So around 500 in this DC. Hemm and Fatal you cannot control, unlike FS.

Double Slash = DC1.44
                            Fatal Sword = DC x 2.3
                            Hemm = DC x 2.75
                            Flash dash = DC x 1

Sin Skill Damage
                            Maximum damage with flash dash is 190
                            Maximum damage with doubleslash is 274
                            Maximum damage with Fatal is 438
                            Maximum damage with Hemm is 521

Warrior max DC
                            The max a warrior could achieve in DC (non rage) is 211 in the same kit.
                            The maximum you can hit on a trainer is 211 with a normal hit (which no one uses).

Normal Attack = DC x 1
                            TDB = DC x 1 (double attack)
                            Inferno Sword = DC x 2.7
                            Frozen Sword = DC 1.77

Warrior skill damage
                            Maximum with TDB is 219. (not accounting for yellow effect on a player). This also cuts through all AC.
                            Maximum damage with inferno is 570
                            Maximum damage with frozen sword is

DC Using Rage = DC255 (20% DC buff)
                            Maximum damage with TDB is 263. (not accounting for yellow effect on a player). This also cuts through all AC.
                            Maximum damage with Inferno is 688.
                            Maximum damage with Frozen Sword is 451

TDB is a toggle on skill for a warrior and also has a passive chance to yellow poison (which adds another 20% damage on top.
                            A sin would have to use flash dash, which hits for 190, a single attack to have a chance to yellow poison.

So to summarise Nosf3ratu, if I was on a level 90 Sin attacking a same level warrior while he's using rage (assuming I am not red poisoned or yellow from TDB), I would be almost dead from 1x Inferno and 1x TDB (double) @ 688 + 263 + 263 damage. I'd have approx 70 AC, so we can adjust these numbers down to 1000 total damage from 1200. Meaning you'd need to land a 3rd hit (unpoisoned).

To kill this same warrior with the sin, I would need to take off 2800HP. So that's 4x double slash @ 274 and a Hemm @ 541 to take you to 70HP.
                            Taking into account AC at 80 (not using protection field), that's 7x double slash @ 200 and a Hemm @ 461

So like for like, a warrior could 3 hit a sin. A sin would need to land 7 hits. Lets assume both are in full DC and Acc or agility - you'd still pop them off a lot earlier

Comment

Sins depend on agi end game, all depends who you're up against, have good base dc to help with consistent hits and lucking, a hp increase would help a sin, but only to prevent being bombed, the only sin in game that actually stacked agi on his kit is the sin that comfortably kills alot of players and doesnt depend on being a shift key hero, im sure he'd be happy to test agi vs acc sometime, but again it depends who youre up against

Edited: get rid of flash dash and let double slash yellow just like TDB/ThunderShaolin, this will give a super nice QoL and damage boost for sins

Warrs hit inconsistently due to low base dc and harder to get a L6 wep compared to others which sucks and always has sucked even in years ago getting a 43 wep L6 almost seemed impossible so that would be nice to be looked into, but yeh i can agree when hits do land top end it hurts alot because we have most dc in game and ofc a spell that does massive damage, give warrs more base dc to help with lucking but maybe lower top end damage by 10%?

Monks benefit from sc and dc, can reach L6/7 on end weapons easier than most classes due to dc gap being so low, also hit consistently because of the base stats being combined, super defensive's also, fortify = full hp by time you come back out then instantly into a damage reduction shield (unless you use a spell that pierce defences) then youre pretty golden lol, anti flinch also makes escaping super easy, can hit 2 squares and if ur good and moving and shifting u can keep a pretty good gap between melee's to stop them burning you down so much

Archers super aoe class, good at pk if u know how to play them effectively, but just like the sin, low hp, i seen no archers in agi kit but could maybe help because u have a pet that gives agi too (ofc pvp situational with other pets) but surely hawk would be most preferred vs a sin rather than wolf, big down fall for archers is setting up in a fight but then being able to insta lay traps would be a little too nuts since they do very nice damage in decent kit, but again another class that has nice base dc on weapon helping with consistency

Taoist, the class everyone hates to level because its so underwhelming, infect was the best thing that happened to this class but still not enough to even make it remotely enjoyable to level, simple to gear as not needing slow acc etc, just agi for pk mainly, maybe a more effective aoe spell to help this class level would be good instead of depending on piggy backs to even push to 70 (unless u have the patience of a saint)

Wizard almost doesnt exist anymore except for the title "recalling bitch" does nice damage in blizz/met and glacials, if they ever land, glacial is such a nice spell and took the nerf bat to the face giving a short range almost makes it pointless, spell cast times make it super hard for a wizz to fend off anything, if theres no wall nearby, u might as well portal out grab your recall set and recall 1 of the above classes to come bail you out, a support class in pks really to keep distances the hp armours were a good addition for the class but maybe increase spell cast rate might give them a nice edge again combined with firewall will be vn1

Overall id say agi needs to be made a little more viable again due to people these days having way more accuracy at their disposal (top end weapons), even giving small hp increases to sin/arch to make them feel like they aint 1 shottable for now would be a good idea and would certainly make fights last longer, slow kit gives a massive advantage for players and would be good to be looked into because certain classes have uncapped slow amount (archer ice shot sometimes last 12 seconds) my warrior in slow 6 can slow for 7 seconds max, maybe making slow stack in certain ways, so slow 1 would be -1 attack speed/cast speed and 5% movement lowered for 1 second and then they follow accordingly 2, -2 attack 10% movement 2 seconds etc

no matter what changes, community wont be 100% happy, but its a matter of trying to find the happy medium
                              Last edited by Cataklyst; 15-03-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X